Friday, August 06, 2004

Went to get my hair cut today, and a mother was waiting with her two young (under 10) boys. She had been waiting and waiting, and finally told the Supercuts woman that she was going to go next door to get her nails done (I guess she had coinciding appointments) and would come back. The Supercuts woman told her that her sons would be up in just a few minutes, and that she could just leave them there. And from what I could tell as I went back to get my own hair cut, she was going to do just that.

Now, honestly, what is going through these people's heads? This woman is seriously entertaining the idea of just leaving her two kids alone in Supercuts while she goes somewhere else entirely? The woman at Supercuts is willing to just take responsibility for this woman's kids? No wonder kids get left alone in cars in 100+ degree heat here all the time... Geez. This is the kind of thing makes me want to just scream.

(Fortunately, it appeared as I was leaving that the woman did decide to keep her kids with her, or Supercuts wised up and told her they had to stay with her, or whatever, because they weren't waiting alone. I saw them walking back and forth between the haircut place and the nails place, so they were probably checking to see if it was their turn, which is still questionable, but at least she didn't just leave them to be babysat by Supercuts. Or Sittercuts. Whatever.)

No comments: