Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Tuesday, 10:15 am: Left the house later than planned, which didn't reduce the pre-Utah stress a bit. Now, braving Vegas traffic is about the only gambling I do here, but luck was a lady this morning. I made it in about half an hour, including stopping for gas. (Those of you familiar with the 215 will recognize this for the miracle that it is.)

At the airport, I managed to find long-term parking easily (for the first time ever) and even found a parking space on a covered level within 5 minutes. It was so easy, I could almost see myself doing this more often. If, you know, I didn't hate airports. Or travel. Or leaving the house...

And at the security checkpoint, there were two people checking IDs. And absolutely everyone was lined up for one. Me, I went to the other guy. What the heck is the matter with people?

One hour til we're supposed to take off... Plenty of time to try to find a Happy Place to retreat to in my mind when necessary.
Composed on my palmtop; posted whenever I remember to synch to the desktop.

No comments: