Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Penelope is back at the vet's, having blood and urine drawn. Apparently, her bladder was too small to draw urine this morning, and between them giving her fluids and my work schedule, she's probably going to have to spend the night again. So, once again, not happy. She seems perkier the last few days, and the vet says she doesn't feel as full of poop, but I'm not finding anything in her litter box, and that's worrisome. So, we'll see. And while it's not like this is all consuming...

Actually, you know what? It pretty much is all-consuming, without being crippling. I mean, I still work, I still do stuff around the house, all that, but being concerned about her health is very much on my mind. And not having her at home doesn't help at all.

I did watch last night's episode of the Amazing Race. As predicted, the twins' scatterbrainedness cost them big time. They lucked out, since this was a non-elimination round, but now they have no money and have to survive on their wits. These would be the same wits that compelled them to doubt their own abilities and follow another team on the wrong route last night, instead of following the route flags that they had seen. Meanwhile, Colin and Christie got themselves into trouble--almost arrested, in fact--by Colin being a selfish bastard, and they still came in second. Proof, once again, that nice guys really do finish last. I should hate the values that this reinforces... Actually, I do hate the values that this reinforces, which is why I'm glad the twins and the moms are still in the race, but I know in my heart that the nice-guy teams are the ones most likely to be eliminated next. I can only hope that Chip & Kim manage to hold out until the end, because they seem like a decent mix of humanity and brains.

No comments: