Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SFX: the leading science fiction, fantasy and horror magazine

SFX: the leading science fiction, fantasy and horror magazine: "Douglas Adams’s widow, Jane Belson, has given her blessing for Artemis Fowl author Eoin Colfer to write a sixth Hitchhiker’s novel, 16 years after Mostly Harmless was published."

Feeling a little bit torn. On the one hand, I absolutely love Douglas Adams' work, especially the Hitchhikers series. His voice is so unique and distinctive, the idea of reading a book about his characters that isn't by him just feels a bit wrong.

On the other hand, I liked the recent movie (written by him and posthumously rewritten by other hands) and the recent adaptations of the last three of his books for radio (also adapted by not-him). And I like Eoin Colfer's work, what I've read of it, although I'm not interested in reading past the third Artemis Fowl book, because I think the series ends just fine at that point.

Aw, who am I trying to kid? Of course I'll read this book.

No comments: