Saturday, November 26, 2005

NEWSARAMA - GREG RUCKA TALKS SUPERGIRL: "One hint Rucka said of his first arc is that the "world tour" aspect of Kara on Earth will be sidelined for a while. "Jeph will have wrapped up the world tour of the DCU and introduced Kara to everyone by the time I get on," Rucka said. "I'm not looking at doing a bunch of crossovers and seeing who's going to be guest-starring this issue. That's just not the direction I'm interested in taking her. I've got nothing against doing that kind of arc, but we've got other things we want to sort out with her first. Once those things are sorted, we'll worry about other things. Once we nail down who she is, we'll worry about who she's meeting.""

Considering it was the focus on the guest stars over establishing Supergirl as a character in her own right in her own book was what was making me lean towards dropping the Supergirl comic as written by Jeph Loeb, this news from new series writer Greg Rucka is enough to make me want to stick with the book when he takes over... at least for a little while.

No comments: