Sunday, September 11, 2005

Got back from Oregon last night. Actually a pretty good trip, considering the business-not-pleasure circumstances. Will write more about it later.

Appointment with the Car Smasher's (she chose the nickname) insurance adjuster tomorrow morning. Hopefully, this won't be a long, drawn-out process... but I'll bet it will be. We'll see.

Arrived home to find the three new Doctor Who books based on the new series, just in time for me to not bring on the trip, of course. Haven't had much interest in the books or CDs based on the original series since the new one started up, but I'm a sucker for stuff about the current show. That's me, slave to the current fashion. Not much of a true fan, I guess.

And I also received the DVD sets of the first season of Lost and the long-awaited second season of Once & Again. So here's my open letter to TV-on-DVD producers:

Obviously, extra features are a selling point for DVD sets of TV shows. Otherwise, why do them? After all, they cost money, and if they didn't reward the companies with increased sales, they probably wouldn't bother. Same goes for those little booklets that list all the episodes and credits and plot summaries and so forth. So why, oh, why must it be such a secret how to find the special features, particularly commentary tracks? Lost apparently has a whole bunch of episodes with commentaries, and I guess I'm just supposed to hunt through the disks until I find them. (Yes, I know I could just watch all the episodes in order, and listen to the commentaries as I get there. I saw the show as it originally aired, though, so that's of slightly less interest than checking out the extra features first.)

Oh, and I watched the first episode of Fox's new show, Reunion. That's the one that follows a group of friends over a period of 20 years, one year per episode, with the whole thing framed by a murder investigation in the present day. I've read some online criticism of it, but I liked it. Enough to want to see how it progresses, anyway. And TV Guide liked it, too, for what that's worth (which, to be honest, isn't much).

No comments: