Monday, July 04, 2005

Finally saw Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, thanks to HBO. This would be the edited version, but it was pretty good. Now I want to see the "director's cut" version, which means buying another DVD. Which isn't really a problem. And, surprise, surprise, it's a better, more gripping, more emotionally satisfying story than the regular Batman comics seem to be telling these days... Go figure.

Also watched Resident Evil: Apocalypse, which premiered this weekend on... Can't remember, either Skinimax or Starz!. (I recorded it, didn't watch it live, so I couldn't tell you.) The first one turned out to be more fun than I had expected, and this one did, too. Not great movies, not by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly no Shaun of the Dead when it comes to zombie movies, but now I'm looking forward to the third one. (And probably a fourth one, apparently.)

No comments: