Saturday, June 04, 2005

Okay, not feeling the desire to do a whole lot of work right now...
 
So, against my better judgment, I watched the first episode of Beauty and the Geek on Wednesday.  It sounded like the sort of thing that just depresses me, like Average Joe or whatever.  But a review in TV Guide (yeah, I know) insisted that it was a lot more sensitive and intelligent, and wasn't just a "look at the brainy freaks in glasses" show.  And that turned out to be true.  I mean, they didn't really try to hide the more pathetic aspects of the "geeks," but considering that one of them is the president of the Dukes of Hazzard fan club, well... what are you going to do?  But they didn't gloss over the attractive women's shortcomings, either.  It actually looks like each side will be learning and growing from the experience (as opposed to, say, Amish in the City).  So I'll keep watching.
 
(It does still depress me a little to see guys who are essentially me and my friends being showcased as "geeks," but, you know, I'll survive.)

No comments: