Monday, September 27, 2004

So the winner--for now--in the Tuesday Night Battle between Veronica Mars and Clubhouse would seem to be Clubhouse. That's the show about the batboy for the New York "Empires," starring Christopher Lloyd, Mare Winningham, Dean Cain, and a bunch of kids. Yes, it's very much a feel-good sort of family drama, but I didn't find myself wanting to turn it off like I did the first episode of Veronica Mars. And that's always going to be a key factor in the shows I choose to watch: they have to be shows I'm not wanting to turn off.

The season premiere of American Dreams was great, too. Why this show doesn't get more attention... I mean, is there even any point to hyping yet another CSI or Law & Order spin-off? Why not shine some light on something that isn't getting noticed? (Something besides Arrested Development, I mean? Although, to their credit, TV Guide did feature American Dreams on their family page this week.)

And Jack & Bobby remains solidly unremarkable. Next week, Desperate Housewives, a weird soap opera-sounding thing premieres on ABC, and it's in the same time slot as Jack & Bobby and The Wire on HBO. And, I swear, if I didn't know I could catch The Wire later in the week, Jack & Bobby would be the one to go.

No comments: