Thursday, August 12, 2004

Sci Fi Wire -- The News Service of the Sci Fi Channel: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel creator Joss Whedon told SCI FI Wire that he's ready to return to the Buffyverse with television films once he receives a green light from The WB, home of Angel, or another network. 'We haven't really heard anything,' Whedon said in an interview. 'Obviously, there's been a regime change at The WB. The fans are interested. I'm interested. I don't think either [Buffy star] Sarah [Michelle Gellar] or [Angel star] David [Boreanaz] would want to do it. But I think there's about 10 other characters I could name who would be totally worthy of movies. And I'm just waiting for somebody to say yea or nay.'"

Okay, I don't want to seem all populist here, and it's not like I don't like the other characters, but even I'm not particularly interested in Buffy or Angel TV movies that aren't about Buffy or Angel. And if I'm not, why would a network be interested in producing them?

No comments: