Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Tonight's episode of Summerland was written by Graham Yost! The same Graham Yost who created, produced, and wrote most of Boomtown, who wrote for Band of Brothers and produced From the Earth to the Moon, who wrote Speed and Broken Arrow and reportedly huge--uncredited--chunks of Twister, and... well, you can see his full credits here.

And as much as I'm enjoying Summerland, it just seems odd that Graham Yost would write one script for it. Maybe he has some connection to the cast or the producers or something, but coming in and doing a freelance script for an Aaron Spelling family show for the WB just seems so outside the trajectory of his career. (And, to be honest, an Aaron Spelling family show hiring Graham Yost to write one episode seems equally weird.)

I should point out, I didn't see the whole episode; I got a phone call almost immediately after the credits. But I'll catch either the Sunday or Monday rerun. (And I missed Nip/Tuck for the same reason, but that'll be rerun, too... And to think I had the whole day off and didn't watch hardly any TV!)

No comments: