Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Outpost Gallifrey: New Series News Page - Photo Page

So here's a decent photo of the Chris Eccleston, by all accounts in costume as the Doctor, and the fan-run Doctor Who News Page is still hedging on whether or not this is what he's going to look like. Because it seems long-time fans just aren't prepared to accept a Doctor who doesn't look like he deliberately picks costumes that make him stand out, but instead chooses clothes the way normal people do, and could, in fact, physically fit in with a normal crowd of people. (Having been to a Doctor Who convention within the last year, I can see where having a Doctor who seems somewhat aware of his own appearance would remove a point of identification for many fans.)

And I'm not even going to look at the message boards to see the latest postings of outrage on the topic, but it the tone is the same as the last time I checked, I am sure I remain planted firmly at the foot of Nerd Mountain. In fact, judging from some reactions I've seen, it'd take a massive team of Sherpas just to get up to the halfway point...

No comments: