Friday, July 02, 2004

Okay, so one of the reasons I had stopped posting here for a while was I was just tired of venting my spleen about the American political scene. I'd read about something that would provoke a reaction, I'd write the reaction here, and I'd end up feeling so worked up and stressed out, I ultimately decided I needed a break. Not that there's not any more to write about, God knows, but once you start, it's impossible to stop (if you're carrying a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail). So for my own sanity, I'm going to just be talking about movies and TV and books and stuff for a while. (For those who are interested, keep reading the news, read alternative sources like The Center for American Progress, make up your own mind, and get out and vote this November. That is all.)

Of course, this blog-related apoliticism won't keep me from posting a funny anti-Bush joke when someone sends me one. Like this:

A lobbyist, on his way home from work in Washington, D.C., came to a
dead halt in traffic and thought to himself, "Wow, this seems worse than
usual."


He noticed a police officer walking between the lines of stopped cars,
so he rolled down his window and asked, "Officer, what's the hold-up?"


The officer replied, "The President is depressed, so he stopped his
motorcade and is threatening to douse himself with gasoline and set
himself on fire. He says no one believes his stories about why we went
to war in Iraq, or the connection between Saddam and al-Qaeda, or that
his tax cuts will help anyone except his wealthy friends; the press
called him on the lie about Iraq trying to buy uranium from Niger, and
now Campbell Brown is threatening to sue him for a sexual innuendo he
made at a recent press conference. So we're taking up a collection for
him."


The lobbyist asks, "How much have you got so far?"


The officer replies, "About 14 gallons, but a lot of folks are still
siphoning."

No comments: