Saturday, November 12, 2005

So, I had thought my adventure with Titan Insurance was finished. They put it in writing that they would be paying for the repairs to my car, which was the only way the body shop would turn it over to me. Sure, my insurance company would be going after them for the money they had to pay for the car rental that Titan refused to pay for, but that's nothing to do with me.

So I get home, and in the mail today, I got a letter from Titan telling me that as of November 3 (two full months after the accident) they had received new information that proved that their client was not responsible for the accident, and that they were not obligated to pay for anything, so I shouldn't make any further claims against them. Which, okay, whatever, the work is done and paid for, by them, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Unless I'm supposed to now be going, "Oh, look at what nice people they were to pay for the repairs out of the goodness of their hearts" or whatever. Because, certainly, I'm okay with the whole thing. I think they're lowlife shitweasels, certainly, who should probably die by leeching--oh, the irony--but now that they've finally done what they were supposed to do, which would be pay for the repairs, I'm pretty much done. What they wouldn't do, my insurance company did, which is why I pay them, and whatever happens between my guys and Titan is nothing to do with me.

But still, it was just one more kick in the head, just getting that letter. (And, quite honestly, whoever is ultimately responsible, it was their client's SUV that hit my car, and she took responsibility at the time, and they accepted that enough to pay for the repairs. So whatever they discovered two months later really has nothing to do with me, either.)

No comments: