Sunday, December 11, 2005

SCIFI.COM | Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King

SciFi had been running commercials for this during The Triangle, and I had no idea what it was. Exccept that it looked very much like a show whose vision exceeded its budget. According to their site, it stars Alicia Witt (who I like), Kristanna Loken (from Terminator 3, who is hot), and someone I've never heard of named Benno Furmann.

Then, on Zeta Minor, I learn that a British DVD of something called Sword of Xanten is coming out, with the same cast, and is based on the Ring of the Nibelung Norse myths. So I google the title, and according to the reviews I found, it's a crappy, low-budget German/South African TV miniseries that had a theatrical release in the UK, and is crap. (Oh, I said that already, didn't I?) And that means that the really poor CGI dragon featured in the commercial doesn't look bad because it's unfinished, but because it's cheap and crappy.

So, not something to look forward to quite as much, perhaps. Although... Alicia Witt...

No comments: