Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Wednesday, 12:50 pm: Waiting for the shuttle to the airport. Just wanted to say, when all is said and done, I'm glad I came. I mean, yes, all the anticipated sources of stress and frustration materialized, and I do miss my cat something fierce. But I got to see my dad's former students honor him with a day-long symposium, and then have dinner, breakfast & lunch with some of them last night and today. And I got to see the esteem in which they hold him, and I am very proud. This is a side of my father's life I might never have seen if I hadn't come here this week. So that makes it worth it. (But, you know, that doesn't make the stress less stressful. Just means there's a point to not walking away.)
Composed on my palmtop; posted whenever I remember to synch to the desktop.

No comments: