Saturday, August 07, 2004

Somewhat embarrassingly, I forgot I was supposed to work today (don't normally work on Saturday, and between the Utah thing and the NLA thing, changes to my schedule had just slipped my mind). So, for the first time in forever, I got a phone call at home asking if I was coming in to work. Ah, well... Got the PowerPoint part of the NLA presentation done, so that's out of the way. Still need to actually write up what I'm going to say for two or three parts, but I've got the next two days off (again, something I had forgotten), so I have time.

Tonight's episode of Justice League Unlimited was an improvement over last week's. Considering it focused on Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, and was based on a classic Superman story by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, it would have been incredible if they had screwed it up, to be honest. Since this is one that could easily have fit into the earlier Justice League format, it's tough to count this in "the new series is great" column. And is it possible that the opening music is actually growing OFF me? Unlike the majestic opening theme of the previous Justice League series, this one sounds like some mid-80s rock power ballad, and grates just a little bit. (Also, while I like the idea of showcasing characters featured in the episode in the opening sequence, I worry a little about spoilers. I mean, I knew from reading the original story, plus from being a complete nerd, that this particular episode's villain was Mongul. If I hadn't, it still wouldn't have been much of a surprise, since he shows up in almost half the clips they used in the opening montage...)

No comments: