Thursday, August 26, 2004

Having trouble blogging by email (thanks so much, Blogger, for the innovation; thou giveth tech, and thou taketh away). Pain in the butt. Anyway...

Penelope did come home yesterday evening after all. I picked her up on my lunch break. As it happens, I got a cat health magazine in the mail yesterday with an article about pet insurance. Did some checking online today, and it looks like it would run me about $300 a year to buy her health insurance. I've already paid more in the past week, so this will definitely be something we'll be doing. (Although it'll be weird to explain the whole insurance thing to future cat-sitters.)

Finally saw Johnny English, thanks to hi-def HBO. Not a bad movie, but it should have been way funnier. Between this and the Mr Bean movie, it's as if they felt compelled to rein the humor in. It's like watching one of the weaker Jackie Chan American movies, like The Tuxedo or The Medallion, where they can't quite figure out just what the hell they're trying to do, so they take a relatively straight concept and shoehorn a comedy character into it, instead of going all the way. Comedy pussies.

Tonight, planning on watching my hi-def recording of Open Range, the Kevin Costner Western. I love my DVR, but hi-def recordings eat up a huge amount of space, so I'm planning on watching the movies that I currently have stored this weekend (that would be the aforementioned Costner movie, and Seabiscuit; apparently, it's horse weekend). As it happens, I have an extra day off this week, because I had planned on taking a trip to Disneyland, but Penelope's illness has pretty much sidelined that. As it also happens, my brother is in town, so I get to see him, so that's cool. And I can get caught up a little on some of the DVDs I've gotten recently.

Speaking of which, Warner Home Video announced that they're releasing the second set of Batman: The Animated Series and the first set of Superman: The Animated Series. According to TVShowsonDVD.com, the Superman set will only be two disks, with the first 18 episodes. I guess they're afraid it might not be as huge a seller as the Batman ones or something (because the Batman ones are four disk sets with 28 episodes). Frustrating, because it always allows for the possibility that they won't release future sets with the rest of the episodes. I love getting TV shows on DVD, but if I'm going to buy a series, I want to buy all of the series, not just parts of it. (Thank you, Touchstone Home Video, for only releasing the first season of Once and Again on DVD, you bastards.)

Going to go watch my horse movie now.

No comments: