Monday, July 05, 2004

Okay, here's some more of me waxing enthusiastic about
Cold Mountain: It's 2 1/2 hours long, there's no
zombies, there's no kung fu, there's no Molly Parker,
Nicole Kidman keeps her clothes on throughout the
whole thing, and it's about the Civil freaking War.
And I still loved it. So it must be a great movie.

(There is, it must be pointed out, one big@$$
explosion, right at the beginning, so it's not
completely some snooty little arthouse picture.)

And maybe I just need to be eating faster. I was
having dinner at Memphis Championship Barbecue at
Santa Fe Station, and I wasn't even halfway through my
chicken before my waiter was asking if I wanted to see
a dessert menu. I said I wanted to finish my dinner,
first.

So, between this and the Original Pancake House thing
yesterday, maybe I'm just eating too slow. Or,
possibly, maybe, the wait staff just needs to BACK THE
HELL OFF? I'm thinking the latter, actually.

No comments: