Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bookslut | SF for Kiddies: "I don't typically fall for jacket blurbs but when I read what author Jerry Oltion had to say about Rocket Science -- "If the Hardy Boys stayed up half the night reading Astounding Magazine by flashlight, this is what they would dream after they turned out the light" -- well, I had to have this book. Just the mere possibility, of combining the boy detectives with an element of outer space science fiction was enough to pull me in before the book even arrived. Once I started,and found everything that Jay Lake was able to fit into this outstanding book, I was one very happy reader."

I just finished this book myself last week, and very much agree with the review. So now I want to check out the other books the column mentions...

No comments: