Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dispatches from the Flying M: The next tie-in book: "I've signed the contract and the outline is approved, so I can talk in general terms about the next tie-in book I'll be doing. It's called Superman: Trail of Time, and it's for DC Comics and Warner Books. In it, Superman, Phantom Stranger and the Demon travel into the old West (among other places) where they'll meet up with Jonah Hex, Bat Lash, Scalphunter, and El Diablo. I love those old Western characters, and the magical/horror-oriented characters of the DCU, so this should be a lot of fun to write. The research, involving reading hundreds of comics, has already been a blast."

Not much of a Superman fan these days, but I like Jeff Mariotte's writing just fine, plus the idea of a novel featuring the Phantom Stranger, the Demon, and a bunch of DC's Western comics characters... This one, I'll probably read.

No comments: