Saturday, July 09, 2005

Things that helped make today suck:

Came in to work late because I had to wait for an appliance repair guy to come repair my clothes washer, and it turned out I could have done it myself.

Discovered that my hot water heater is leaking, so I need to get that fixed. (Actually discovered that last night, but it's not leaking any less today...)

A co-worker told a joke today, and I absolutely could not tell.

And, thanks to the Monday holiday, comics came out late, so they got mailed to me late, so they didn't come in the mail today.

And I tried to watch the first episode of Camp Lazlo on Cartoon Network, because it's the new show from Rocko's Modern Life creator Joe Murray, and I really liked that show. And I really couldn't get into Lazlo, so I gave up after, like, five minutes.

On the plus side, I've been watching the first season of Drop the Dead Donkey on DVD, and I'm loving it as much as I did the episodes that aired on Comedy Central back in the '90s. And Green Wing continues to be great as well, but there's only one episode left, and I don't think they've even started making a second season in the UK.

(On the other hand, BBC America has yanked the anthology series I enjoyed, Murder in Mind, and replaced it with the more traditional cop show, Murder in Suburbia. Bastards.)

No comments: