Thursday, May 19, 2005

So, today is my birthday (and I guiltily point out my Amazon Wish List to family members), and in about 2 1/2 hours, I'm heading out to see the new Star Wars movie. Which I might not have gone to see opening day, except that it did happen to fall on my birthday, so I figure that's a sign. So expect a nerd-tastic post later in the day.

Already, all signs point to a good day. I got the three new Doctor Who novels based on the new series in the mail yesterday--they were scheduled to be released today--so that's a nice birthday present, albeit one I paid for. Ditto the DVDs of the first season of the wonderfully surreal Nickelodeon The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Classic stuff.

And speaking of classics on DVD (or, well, stuff I like) I found a site selling DVDs of 80s and 90s TV shows I like that haven't been officially released on DVD. It's someone I had ordered a set of Tales of the Gold Monkey from in the past, and the quality was okay, considering that the source were VHS recordings of episodes off someone's TV. Apparently, she's branched out, and theoretically, I now have on the way The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr, a weird western comedy adventure starring Bruce Campbell, Bring 'Em Back Alive, which premiered the same year as Gold Monkey, also capitalizing on the success of Raiders of the Lost Ark, not as good as Gold Monkey, but co-starring Cindy Morgan, who I had a crush on at the time, and, finally, the holy grail of lost TV for me: QED. This was a very short-lived series about a wacky inventor in pre-WWI Europe, starring a fairly young Sam Waterson, now on Law & Order.

No comments: