Monday, February 21, 2005

Just got back from Los Angeles (okay, Van Nuys) to find that my neighborhood is under a severe flash flood warning. Figures. It was pouring down rain all the way from Southern California to here, and I'm pretty seriously hoping that my house doesn't float away.

Anyway, I was in LA for Gallifrey One, the big West Coast Doctor Who convention. I'll write more about it later, probably, but right now, I'm still all excited about having met Elisabeth Sladen, an actress from the show who was an early adolescent crush. (She played the lovely Sarah Jane Smith.) I had decided fairly early on that I wasn't going to try to get any autographs this year, and had resigned myself to the idea that I would only be seeing her when she was up on stage. The final night, though, after the closing ceremonies, I saw her talking to someone in the hall just as we all came walking out of the big room, and asked her if a con-friend (someone I had just met at the convention) could please take a picture of me and her. She said yes, so I actually have a photo of me with a childhood heroine, and I managed to completely fail to say anything completely embarrassing. So I'm pretty much still walking on air.

No comments: