Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The last time I checked, Bush was in the lead. It's like I've woken up on the frelling Planet of the Apes or something.

Oh, look. The post I wrote last Saturday (I think) and posted via email finally turned up.

Anyway, I spent the day knocking on doors, to generally no avail. Had one or two rude people to deal with, but mostly it was just a lot of work for no reward. The last hour or so was fun, though: I was joined by another volunteer who had driven out from California, and we went racing through the neighborhood like barnstormers. We'd stop, jump out, hit a couple of houses apiece from my list, jump back in the truck, and off to the next street. And no matter what I did, I feel like I could have done more. I didn't need to walk from one house to another when I could have run. I didn't need to talk slower; people needed to listen faster. Maybe we didn't need to stop at all; perhaps we should have just shouted at people's houses as we drove past.


And I can't watch the election coverage, because I've had enough of all that. I don't want to watch the slow, inexorable progress, particularly since so far, things are tilted in Bush's favor, and I'll just get upset watching that. I just want to know who wins when all is said and done.

Finished writing for now. Too unfocused to do much else besides try to watch tonight's episode of Gilmore Girls. (And even that keeps getting put on pause so I can reinstall my upgraded antivirus software...)

No comments: