Saturday, October 02, 2004

More tomorrow (probably). I'm still getting used to the new work schedule at the new branch, and that's causing me to spend less time online. However, I wanted to share my thoughts about the Kerry/Criminal Bush debate, even though I didn't actually see it. From what I can tell, from watching and reading the after-news, the two pretty much repeated the same thing over and over. Bush stuck to reminding everyone that Kerry had changed his position on key issues, and Kerry stuck to reminding everyone that Bush has been a crappy President. And, really, being a crappy President is a bigger disqualifier for being elected President again in my book than appearing wishy-washy.

My favorite part of the after-coverage, though (the morning after, actually), was this winning combo: seeing the Criminal Bush accusing John Kerry of sending "mexed missa... I mean mixed messages," and a White House press flack saying that the Criminal Bush clearly articulated... Well, actually, I stopped listening at that point, because the minute anyone talks about Bush clearly articulating anything, you know they're pretty much full of shit. I mean, this is a man who can't pronounce words and can't complete sentences. National policy aside, the teenager at the Burger King drive-thru near my house articulates more clearly than Bush.

It's saying this sort of stuff that gets the post office to "lose" packages, I'm convinced.

No comments: