Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I should probably take back what I said last weekend, making fun of the construction workers talking about their relationships. Because it has occured to me that what I hate the most about this forthcoming trip to Utah (bearing in mind that I don't particularly like leaving the house, I really don't like airports, I can't get comfortable on planes, I don't much like Utah, I don't expect there will be much of interest to me at this botanical conference, and I have a major presentation to do at NLA the following week, which will be occupying my thoughts), what really bothers me is that I have to leave Penelope for three days. How sad is that?

(Of course, I'm still going to make fun of the Construction-Workers-As-Sex-And-The-City cast thing, because it makes a good joke, and because I still don't want to be listening to the personal problems of complete strangers over breakfast.)

And I'm thinking pretty seriously of buying a new car. I've done minimal research, but I'm already leaning towards a Honda Accord hybrid, I think. Anyone have any thoughts? Post them here, or email me.

No comments: